I was nominated by the lovely Shannon, author behind goingwithhappy.com , for the Liebster Blogger Award 2017! As a new blogger I’m super excited about this. This award was created by the Global Aussie in 2011 and is still going strong to this day. The award was created as a way to support the global blogging community by helping new bloggers to be discovered and helping them also to connect with other bloggers.
Shannon’s blog is a great motivational blog which aims to foster self improvement and positivity, which I truly admire. The posts from her blog definitely help as a happiness booster for sure so go check them out! She asked me to answer the following questions and then continue on the tradition by nominating 5 – 11 more new bloggers to follow on the trend as the award rules suggest here.
1. Why did you start blogging?
My First Blog Post here gives a brief synopsis. In detail though, I’ve always loved Literature and Writing since I was in High School. While reading a news article one day I stumbled upon the word blogging and decided to look it up. I then was greeted by a wide array of blogs and articles about blogs and became very interested in it. I was excited about the fact that there was a medium where I could share my thoughts and ideas with others and also inspire others through writing. I was also interested in seeing if others had the same ideas as I did. I’m glad I decided to take my blogging seriously and create my own lifestyle blog/website because I truly love it.
2. What are your hobbies?
I absolutely enjoy watching YouTube videos and blogging. If I could sit and do those things all day I would. From time to time I also like going out with friends too.
3.What makes you happy?
I find happiness from being positive and doing things I’m passionate about. Oh also great food makes me happy too ! lol!
4. What are your goals, both with the blog and in your own life?
In terms of my blog goals, I definitely want to grow my blog to new heights and as it relates to my life I’m still figuring things out but I know my end goal is doing something I truly love and am passionate about every day which will also make me money of course 🙂
5. What are things you’ve done that you feel have increased your blog traffic?
The biggest driver of traffic to my blog is shares on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter etc. My next best medium is using Flipboard.
6.What does your daily routine look like?
Well I’m only a part time blogger. I usually start my day by checking my blog analytics, I then leave for work (I shower and stuff first of course!). I work a 9-5 so I’m at work all day. After I leave work and get home I write my new blog post. I think I might switch that order up though pretty soon.
7. How do you stay on top of managing your blog, writing for it, and promoting it?
Well I manually do all of that myself I don’t use any app or anything like that. I might start soon though. I usually write a new blog post then share on all social media networks immediately after. I then check on the analytics part periodically using Google Analytics to see how it is performing and tweek it if I need to.
8. Who are your top 5 favorite bloggers to read?
In no particular order:
Extra Petite – Provides Great Fashion Inspiration for Petite Girls like Myself
Buzzfeed – Love their fun and cool articles and quizzes
Wendy’s Lookbook – Another fashion inspiration site that I love
Erika Viera – Great podcasts featuring top Youtubers on how to grow your Youtube Channel
WPBeginner – Has great tips and steps on how to run a wordpress blog effectively.
9. What helps you wind down after a long day?
Kicking my sandals or shoes off, getting a plate of food and watching YouTube videos or one of my many favorite Reality Series ( Yes I’m a Reality TV fanatic!)
10. Do you enjoy blogging as much as when you started? How do you stay motivated with it?
Yes I still have the same level of enjoyment for it. It’s really easy for me to stay motivated with it because I really like doing it but other than that I try to stay motivated by trying to beat the goals I set for my blog each week.
11. Where do you get your inspiration for blogging?
I get my inspiration for blogging from various places. It could be from a quote I saw or an article I read online or from something I noticed while outside or something interesting that happened to me that day etc.
- Twitter – @NicoleCorbett94 , Blog – http://www.nicolecorbettblog.co.uk/
- Twitter – @EJLChronicles , Blog – https://errieljslifechronicles.wordpress.com/
- Twitter – @chantenna , Blog – http://chantenna.blogspot.com/
- Twitter – @thisiscocoa_ , Blog – https://www.cocoacamille.com/
- Twitter – @BrendasBBlog , Blog – https://brendasbeautyblog.wordpress.com/
- Twitter – @LetMeCrossOver , Blog – http://letmecrossover.blogspot.com/
- Twitter – @heavymannaz , Blog – http://shopheavymannaz.com/
- Twitter – @carolineagoba , Blog – https://caroomakeupblog.wordpress.com/
- Twitter – @lifeasabi_ , Blog – http://life-asabi.blogspot.com/
Nominees, here are my questions to you:
- What made you decide to start a blog?
- Do you use Apple or Samsung?
- What country would you most love to travel to?
- How do you promote your blog?
- What’s your favorite food?
- If you could be any age for a week, what age would that be and why?
- Where or how do you get ideas for your blog?
- What’s your favorite type of music?
- How do you keep motivated and organized?
- How do you spend your free time?
- When do you find time to blog?
Can’t wait to read all your answers! Keep the tradition going by nominating 5-11 bloggers that you think deserve to be recognized for the Liebster Award!